Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 11 - when receiving photos sent from iPhoto 11- can't reply...

My friend sent me photos directly from her iPhoto 11. When I went to reply to her email with the photos, I hit reply, but I am unable to type anything in. When I went to click out of Mail, it froze and I had to force quit.

I called another friend who also uses iPhoto 11, and had her send photos from iPhoto 11, also, so I could see if it was just happening with one person. Turns out, the same thing happens.

I open the email with the photos that were sent to me directly from iPhoto 11, and, again, I am unable to reply, and then, my Mail program freezes and I have to force quit.

Is anyone else having this problem? Try sending yourself photos directly from iPhoto 11 and see what happens.

(FWIW, I have iPhoto '09 ). My friends don't do the forums so I figured I'd post and try to find out what's wrong with iPhoto 11 and if it's a known issue. (they are both using iMacs- Mountain Lion)

Thanks!😐😐😐

iMac

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 1:43 PM

9 replies

Aug 18, 2013 3:56 PM in response to LarryHN

No, it is not my email program. This has been tested out on other computers, as well. I spoke to a lot of folks who have iPhoto 11 and they said they have been having issues with people who can't reply to their emails ONLY when they send photos using iPhoto.

These same people sent me photos as attachments, sans use of iPhoto and no problem. They also tested it by sending photos via iphoto to other friends as well, and, those people also can not reply to them, either, be it on a Mac or a PC, yet, when the photos are inluded as attachments or drag and dropped in, the emails are able to be replied to.

Thanks, though, but there's nothing wrong my my email program.😉

FWIW, they also sent themselves photos via iPhoto and had the same problem. It's iPhoto 11.

Message was edited by: rockeeeeeee

Aug 18, 2013 5:22 PM in response to LarryHN

In my second reply, I mentioned that it is indeed happening to both MAC and PC users, being unable to reply. It's odd.

I'll email them this post and see if they will do that test launch. ( I can't do it, my iPhoto 09 is fine but my friends' with iPhoto 11 are having the problem and aren't in the forums.::sigh::)

Thanks 🙂

iPhoto 11 - when receiving photos sent from iPhoto 11- can't reply...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.