Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see shared photo streams in Aperture

I have created a number of photo streams and shared them with my wife.

My wife has accepted the streams and can see them on her iPhone.

She uses Aperture on the Mac but cannot see the streams there.

She has the three checkboxes on the photo streams tab checked, and her own photo stream is visible.

Under the web section in the Aperture library browser, photo stream doesn't appear - her Facebook entry shows up, but not photo stream.

Photo stream shows in the recent section of the library browser, but that is just the photos in my wife's own photo stream, you don't see the individual streams that I can see under photo stream under web in my Aperture view.

My wife has photo stream checked in settings -> iCloud on her Mac.

Any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, Aperture 3.4.5

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 2:24 PM

3 replies

Aug 19, 2013 11:37 PM in response to Yann Ballouard

I attach four screenshots Yann - one is the project hierarchy - where you'll see PhotoStream appearing in Recent items, but not under the Web section (where you do see Facebook) and the other the preferences pane for PhotoStream in Aperture showing all three boxes checked.

Attachments one and two are from my wife's computer - where she's not seeing shared PhotoStreams.

Attachments three and four are from my computer - we I do see them.

What I notice when I compare these side by side is that there is a difference in the setting panel for photo stream between the two. Mine has a fourth option for shared photo streams - my wife's doesn't.

Yet both s/w versions for Aperture are 3.4.5. There is a difference in what is listed in the Aperture version after the version number, but both computers are fully up to date with no further updates available. (Final two images first my wife's then my s/w version)

Is your view/settings any different?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Can't see shared photo streams in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.