Skip navigation

In aperture 3.4.5, I get unsupported file error when exporting version of photo I've edited using plugins?

398 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2013 7:27 AM by Neil Youngson RSS
Iphonefarmer Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 18, 2013 7:02 PM

In aperture 3.4.5, I get unsupported file error when exporting version of photo I've edited using plugins. I have try reinstalling aperture three times, deleting plists a few times, reinstalling plugins, restarting my MacBook Pro many times. Everything I've tried may fix the problem for a very short while and I can export a few photos before it returns. The problem happens with topaz and photomatrix pro plugins after I edited and try to export version.

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)
  • Allan Eckert Level 8 Level 8 (39,440 points)

Please provide the workflow of how you are using the plugins to edit this photos. The exact steps used to get the photos to the plugin and then back to Aperture will help us to figure out what is going wrong for you.

Allan

• Neil Youngson Calculating status...

I had the same problem with the Photomatix plug-in and this solved it for me. I realised it only happened with Photomatix and not other plug-ins so I checked where the plug-ins were installed. The Photomatix plug-in was installed in

~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

where ~ is the home location for the current user account. All the other plug-ins however were installed in

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

which is the location that makes them available to all user accounts on your Mac. Moving the Photomatix plug-in to this location solved the problem for me.

Note that the Library directory under the first location is normally hidden, to get to it hold down the Option (Alt) key and select it from the Finder Go menu.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.