Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All previously saved iOS keyboard shortcuts disappeared + newly added shortcuts also disappear = no shortcuts

I have a whole long list of keyboard shortcuts, a very useful utility in iOS. But as of last Thursday or Friday (Aug 15 or 16), all of them disappeared from my iPone 4S. Then when every time I add a new shortcut, then go back up a menu (from Keyboard to General), and then come back to keyboard, anything I just added won't be there as well. What is wrong with iOS???

I've read that some also have problems with Mac OS X's keyboard shortcuts. Mine stopped working a long, long time ago for OS X.

The odd thing is this: keyboard shortcuts work for my iPad 2.

For quite some time now, the shortcuts would not work on random instances for both devices. But it would always work again. This time, the shortcuts just totally abandoned my iPhone 4S. I wonder if my iPad 2 will be next...

i already performed a full reset and restored the phone from backup, yet it didn't fix the problem.

Please help.....

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 5:56 PM

12 replies

Sep 5, 2013 12:54 AM in response to Sodaboy1978

Hi Sodaboy,

I backed up and restored my phone after this incident occurred. But nothing has changed. I even re-installed iOS 6.1.3. But nothing happened.

Again, odd thing is that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the iPad even when most settings are set identically.

Lynn,

I also tried turning off/on iCloud Documents and Data. Nothing happened.

Sep 20, 2013 10:59 AM in response to DiPS

I've got the same problem. All my shortcuts disappeared a couple weeks ago or so. At first I didn't realize it because I was using them to populate username fields in forums, and I though I was just on tricky firms that had full-ins disabled. But no. They're all gone. I had dozens of them, including long and useful ones like "I know you are, but what am I?"

Any way to get these back? Somebody say yes.

Sep 28, 2013 7:30 AM in response to DiPS

Hi!

I also have the same problem, but when I restarted my iPhone 4s they appeared again.

Unfortunately only for a few minutes, after some minutes they magically disappear again.

Later, reading this blog, I tried the solution that worked for “Lynn in London”, but it didn't work for me.
Now my situation worsens, even after rebooting my shortcuts doesn’t appear.

I invested a lot of time inserting a huge quantity of shortcuts (I loved them), so I feel disappointed with Apple’s QC.

All previously saved iOS keyboard shortcuts disappeared + newly added shortcuts also disappear = no shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.