Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Box not included with refurb'd MBP?

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 15" Retina (Mid 2012) from the Apple certified refurbished store. I am loving the computer except for one small detail. When I recieved the packaging from the delivery service, I noticed immediately that the MacBook did not include the original packaging. I was expecting to get the authentic box that most apple products are presented in. This is a big deal for me because I enjoy collecting a few of them and it also greatly affects resale later on. Anyone have any ideas?

This is a quote from the Apple certified refurbished guarantee.

Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:

is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).

So where is my new box Apple??

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 11:34 PM

7 replies

Aug 18, 2013 11:56 PM in response to mende1

I'm sorry but you're mistaken. If the Mac was repaired in an Apple Store, they would not have the new packaging to repack the cables, manuals, etc which all refurbs come standard with.

In my original post I even copied part of Apples refurbished guarantee. It clearly states that brand new packaging is included and guaranteed with your refurbished purchase.

EDIT: Also, I have purchased refurbished products before and recieved them with their original packaging and box. This is my first time not getting a box and also first time ordering a refurbd macbook.

Aug 18, 2013 11:58 PM in response to Fantastichris

I have never seen a refurbished Mac that comes in an original box, and the same for any other device (iPhones, iPads, iPods touch, AirPort, etc.). Moreover, when you take an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to an Apple Store because of a problem you have, they give you a refurbished device. That device comes in a simple box with a sticky that contains the serial number, and that's all. The same for Macs

Refurbished devices come in a simple box with their charger, information about the device, etc. If you want, you can contact with Apple to ask this, but that's what I have always seen in 3 years

Aug 19, 2013 2:09 AM in response to Fantastichris

From what I read on these forums and elsewhere all Apple certified Refurbs come in a plain white box and not the original box. That is the way Apple does it. If you wanted the original box then you should of bought a new Mac not a refurb.

No Apple Store does any Refurbing. The units are sent back to Apple, someplace in the USA, and gone over then OS and software reinstalled, packed up in a plain white box and put up for sale on the Refurb site.

Aug 19, 2013 2:51 AM in response to Fantastichris

Fantastichris wrote:

Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:

is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).

So where is my new box Apple??

I have purchased three Apple refurbished MBPs and they all came in new boxes, but these boxes are not identical to the ones you get when you purchase a MBP at an Apple store. The first came in a plain brown box and the other two in plain white boxes. The quote you posted is accurate. You are assuming that it would be identical to the boxes for new MBPs which is not the case. This is the the way all refurbished MBPs are shipped.

Ciao.

Box not included with refurb'd MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.