Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 repair in Canada - Apple Store won't give a price over the phone????

I cracked the front screen on my iPhone 5 over the weekend. I called the closest Apple store to me in Canada to find out the cost of repairing it. I was told they don't repair, they only replace and it's "between $200 - $300". I would be traveling a fair distance to do this so I asked for an exact cost, I was told they can't tell me that unless I come into the store, despite giving her the details of my phone. Does this sound right?! That's quite a big range, I can't imagine traveling all that way without knowing a more accurate price.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 7:34 AM

6 replies

Aug 19, 2013 8:36 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Perhaps it doesn't work for me because I'm in Canada? I've tried the link on my PC, iPad and iPhone, doesn't work anywhere for me.

Regardless, I just phoned Apple support and they confirmed the $229 price, and also confirmed that I could do a repair at a US store, but cannot do a swap out of my country of origin. Hopefully this helps someone else. I have no idea why the person at the Apple store was so cagey about giving me a firm price!

iPhone 5 repair in Canada - Apple Store won't give a price over the phone????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.