Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Blue Screen and Headphone Jack weird problem

Hi,

I have an iPhone 5 which I bought a couple of months back and my headphone jack was working until today. I plugged in an Aux cable which was for my external speakers and then a blue screen came up on my iPhone and my iPhone rebooted by itself. Now when I plug in any of my headphones into the headphone jack, I hear weird crackling and buzzing noises when trying songs on a low volume. However, it does seem to work fine on maximum volume and them if I lower it back down to low volume or medium volume, it works fine for a couple of seconds or minutes. Can someone please give me suggestions on what I should try now?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 6:42 PM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2013 11:49 AM in response to iamsyh

Hello there, iamsyh.

There are some standard steps to troubleshoot your issue that you might want to look over in the following Knowledge Base article:

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Specifically:

The stereo headset buttons are not functioning properly

1. Verify the headset being used is compatible with the iPhone.
  2. Verify there is no debris in the headset jack.
  3. Insert the stereo headset and play audio using the iPod app. Verify both left and right channels are functioning.
  4. Press the center button to see if it can pause and resume audio.
  5. Make a phone call and see if the microphone is working.
  6. If the issue persists, try another headset.
  7. If the issue persists with another headset, have the iPhone serviced.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

Aug 27, 2013 3:50 PM in response to pedro d

Hi pedro,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the headset troubleshooting and everything else seems to be working fine, microphone included. I also tried restoring the software and to a fresh copy of iOS 6.1.4 but that didn't solve it. Additionally, I tried cleaning up the headphone jack but didn't find any debris inside and this also didn't solve my problem. I think there might be a problem with my headphone jack and is not fixable without replacing that specific piece of hardware.

iPhone Blue Screen and Headphone Jack weird problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.