Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The server encountered an error processing registration.

On my macbook pro, facetime stopped working. It has been working great.

I've tried all the trouble shooting suggestions. including signing out to sign back in.

I can sign into icloud, itunes store, and have been to the 'manage your apple id... but for facetime and messages when I attempt to sign in I get "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later." or sometimes "The registering device does not have the appropiate credentials"

Facetime work fime on my little ipod touch.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 8:30 PM

3 replies

Jan 7, 2014 12:27 AM in response to jbizzle1s

same problem hear, went to Apple service, asked me to live the MBP for 2 days, did nt want. goback home and did full restore from time machine to the time I could use both imessage and facetime, nothing helped. in sqware 1 with the same problem. I am thinking of creating new Apple ID but dont know how its will effect all on my MBP with the old ID and not sure its will be of anyhelp. So many people have this problem and no one in Apple seems to to know the answer. either they want to increase the rate of maveric aboption (which I will not do since i want my outlook contact syncronized ) or limit the usage. I mostly missed the ability to exchange files btween iphone and MBP by attaching it to imessage.

The server encountered an error processing registration.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.