Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The requested URL was not found on this server"

When trying to play a purchased movie, I get a pop up box that says "The requested URL was not found on this server". This is not the first time I've played the movie.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 7:17 PM

5 replies

Aug 22, 2013 7:35 AM in response to Curly59

Hello Curly59,

Sorry to that there is an issue with one of your purchased movies on your iPad. With an error like this, you may need to reload the movie to your iPad. There are two ways to accomplish this.

The first option is to delete and download the movie directly on the iPad. You can delete the movie from your iPad by swiping the movie and then tapping delete. Next, you can download the movie by following the steps in the section titled "Apps, Books, Music, Movies, or TV shows on iOS" in the following article:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

The alternative option is to resync the movie using iTunes. If you prefer to sync the movie to your iPad using iTunes, I recommend turning off and turning on syncing movies. You can do this by unchecking "Sync Movies" and then clicking "Apply" and then checking "Sync Movies" and then clicking "Apply" again. You can find the syncing steps in the following article:

iTunes 11 for Mac: Set up syncing for iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12113

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Jun 25, 2014 10:13 PM in response to sheila_m.

I have 37 short "videos" that I took while on vacation. I was able to see them fine until tonight. I connected my IPad to our Dell PC, and downloaded the still photographs to a flash drive, then deleted them. However I left all the videos on the iPad. I disconnected the IPad from the PC, and attached it to the charger and let it charge for a bit. After dinner, I came back to it to review the videos - and all but one are now little gray boxes, and when clicked giver the same message: "The requested URL was not found on this server".

What do I do to make them viewable again?

Jul 1, 2014 9:32 AM in response to bryndeamer

bryndeamer wrote:

I have 37 short "videos" that I took while on vacation. I was able to see them fine until tonight. I connected my IPad to our Dell PC, and downloaded the still photographs to a flash drive, then deleted them. However I left all the videos on the iPad. I disconnected the IPad from the PC, and attached it to the charger and let it charge for a bit. After dinner, I came back to it to review the videos - and all but one are now little gray boxes, and when clicked giver the same message: "The requested URL was not found on this server".

What do I do to make them viewable again?

You tagged onto a somewhat unrelated post. If you want an answer to your specific problem, create a new post.

How did you download the still photos from your iPad to a flash drive. This is not possible on a non-jailbroken iPad using the camera connection kit. Is your iPad jailbroken?

 Cheers, Tom 😉

"The requested URL was not found on this server"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.