Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting macbook pro to cinema display

Hi all

I am attempting to connect my 13" macbook pro (early 2009) to an A1082 HD cinema display. I have connected the DVI port to the minidisplay port via an adapter, and the USB to the appropriate port on the computer. However, the firewire form the display is different the the port on the computer (the male end from the display has a D sort of shape while the female port on the computer is square), so i left it unplugged. The display works as it should, meaning it mirrors what is on my computer. However both the computer and the display will flash blue screens simultaneously every second or so. Could the firewire not being plugged in cause this or could it be something else? Any help is much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), HD Cinema Display A1082

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 7:17 PM

1 reply

Aug 22, 2013 8:16 AM in response to rewinderlift

Hi rewinderlift!

I have a couple of articles that I believe can help you with these questions. First, here is an article regarding your questions about the FireWire port on your computer:

USB and FireWire Quick Assist

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1151

Here is an explanation of the two different types of FireWire connections:

If you see a port stamped with "Y"-like icon (to the right of the USB one shown above), that's a FireWire port. If you're not sure whether your FireWire ports are FireWire 400 or 800, you can look at the technical specificationsfor your product.

• Sample FireWire 800 port:
    User uploaded file
  • Sample FireWire 400 port:
    User uploaded file
    Tip: If you need to use a FireWire 400 device with a FireWire 800 port, or vice-versa, you might be able to use an adapter.

Next, to address the blue screen issue, you should reset the PRAM on your computer by following the steps in the article below:

About NVRAM and PRAM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

connecting macbook pro to cinema display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.