HT1438: What to do when you return or send your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in for serviceLearn about What to do when you return or send your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in for service
Currently Being ModeratedAug 22, 2013 12:08 PM (in response to nicolamaraldo)
Hello there, NicolaMaraldo.
The following Knowledge Base article has a few pointers in regards to troubleshooting your issue, if you'd like to look them over:
Important: Only original iPhone can be charged from a FireWire-based power source. If iPhone is connected to a computer that's turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, the battery may drain.
- Verify that the outlet being used is working.
- Try another USB power adapter if available.
- If no other USB power adapter is available, try connecting to a high-power USB 2.0 port (not a keyboard). The computer must be turned on and not in sleep or standby mode.
- Try another USB cable if available.
- Also refer to iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery.
If you would still like to contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider go to the following link and choose your country to locate one near you:
Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.