Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can tabs be made colorful and distinguishable as in FireFox?

My eyes are having great difficulty distinguishing one Safari tab from another, especially since the tabs are all grey and the contrast between the tab background color and the text is not significant. I use FireFox on a Windows computer, and I like that better. How can I make Safari tabs more distinguishable? Is there something in Preferences or a download to spruce it up? My eyes would appreciate it! Or do I have to give up on Safari and return to FireFox?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 8:41 PM

3 replies

Aug 20, 2013 9:15 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn,

You write, "Apple pages have the dark gray Apple icon but any other sites..." It seems that you are stating that I'm stuck with Apple's dark gray colors [not icons] for tabs [and also for Bookmarks]. I need distinguishable tabs and Bookmarks on all Safari pages. I find it incredible that a company so visually credited can produce such a dull looking interface for its clients.

On my current webpage, I have three tabs and they are all grey with black lettering-- indistinguishable. And on top of the tabs I have a row of Bookmarks, all of which are as undistinguishable as the tabs!

Clarify, please!

Can tabs be made colorful and distinguishable as in FireFox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.