Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic 160 6th g. doesn't sync w/Imac g5 non intel OS 10.4.11. This is a replacement for same ipod which was stolen recently. That pod worked fine with Itunes 9! Now this pod says it only works with Itunes 10.7. ***!!!! Why has Apple screwed up?

My ipod classic 160 6th gen. was recently stolen. It had 3000 tunes on it and it synced perfectly with Itunes 9 on my Imac G5 non intel OS 10.4.11. So I recently bought same model and guess what, it doesn't sync at all. Now message says it only works with Itunes 10.7 and up. I certainly cant afford to buy a new intel based Mac and I really dont need a new pc. It feels like Apple has dropped the ball on its long time users and tough luck to you and all the $$$$$$$ spent on downloading songs and buying ipods over the years! I AM SO ANGRY THAT I CANNOT BRING MY MUSIC WITH ME ANYMORE.😠 I dont know if there is any solution to this except being extorted to upgrade to new tech! I have been trying to get answers to this issue but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not a tech genius so extremely techy solutions will be in vane.

iMac G5 (20-inch iSight), Mac OS X (10.4.11), Itunes 9

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 8:06 AM

There are no replies.

Ipod Classic 160 6th g. doesn't sync w/Imac g5 non intel OS 10.4.11. This is a replacement for same ipod which was stolen recently. That pod worked fine with Itunes 9! Now this pod says it only works with Itunes 10.7. ***!!!! Why has Apple screwed up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.