Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers 2.3 crashes on startup

Hey,

My Numbers and Pages (V2.3) app crashes / freezes on startup on my Imac with OSX 10.8.4

I have tried reinstalling the apps from the appstore , but it didn't work...

Anyone an idea?

Gr Kevin.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 1:53 PM

try starting Numbers in a different user space. If this works then remove the preferences files from the folder:

/Users/<YOUR_USER_FOLDER>/Library/Preferences

you can paste the path above into the dialog you get when you use the menu item (in the Finder) "Go > Go To Folder…"

- quit Numbers

- move the file(s) to the trash (but do NOT empty yet)

com.apple.iWork.Numbers.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.apple.iWork.Numbers.plist

- start Numbers

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2013 1:53 PM in response to Kevin_90

try starting Numbers in a different user space. If this works then remove the preferences files from the folder:

/Users/<YOUR_USER_FOLDER>/Library/Preferences

you can paste the path above into the dialog you get when you use the menu item (in the Finder) "Go > Go To Folder…"

- quit Numbers

- move the file(s) to the trash (but do NOT empty yet)

com.apple.iWork.Numbers.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.apple.iWork.Numbers.plist

- start Numbers

Aug 20, 2013 3:51 PM in response to Kevin_90

regarding:

But if i go to Macintoch HD/ users/ Name/ there isn't any folder with the name 'Libary'

I know. That is why I suggested:

The Library folder is normally hidden (for safety). The other way is to use the "Go" menu while holding the option key, then select "Library"

Aug 21, 2013 5:15 PM in response to Kevin_90

At this point you've tried all the easy stuff. The nuclear option is to Uninstall and Reinstall.

Yvan Koenig has written a nice Uninstaller script for iWork09. You can dosnload if from this page.

After doing the Uninstall, reinstall from your original media or from the Mac App Store. If from original media, immediately run Software Update before launching the program.

Jerry

Aug 21, 2013 5:37 PM in response to Kevin_90

Kevin,

It sounds as though there is something terribly wrong with your main account. You say everyting works well in a newly created account and I assume this is still the case, and yet the uninstall/reinstall doesn't clear the bad files from your main account. Very unusual.

If you are desperate, you may want to migrate your work to the new account. This shouldn't be necessary, but seems the only way forward as you describe the symptoms.

Jerry

Numbers 2.3 crashes on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.