Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5th Gen Stuck On Charging Screen And Wont Turn Back On

So my ipod was fully charged and then just randomly shut off... I plug it back in and it goes to that charging screen it goes to when it actually dies on you.. its been stuck like that for over 3 hours and wont turn back on... I cant hold my home button and power button down cause a few months ago my home button spring broke... so thats not an option... and my ipod wont register to my computer for me to restore it.. can somebody please help me?

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 2:39 PM

3 replies

Aug 20, 2013 3:33 PM in response to ZombertsGirl

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

When it says place the iPod in recovery mode use one of these programs to place the iPod in recovery mode

For PC

RecBoot: Easy Way to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode

If necessary:

Download QTMLClient.dll & iTunesMobileDevice.dll for RecBoot

For MAC or PC

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod 5th Gen Stuck On Charging Screen And Wont Turn Back On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.