Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not launch Aperture on new Mac book air

I migrated all files from old Mac Book Air to new one and then tried to launch Aperture on new MBA. New MBA asked for license which I entered manually from the old MBA and Aperture will not launch on new MBA, says wrong license.

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 3:23 PM

5 replies

Aug 20, 2013 3:34 PM in response to dehartzell

If you;re going through all this and also have a serial number then I guess you did not get Aperture from the Mac App Store. So in that case:

Is this version or Aperture 3 an upgrade from Aperture 2? If so you will need the original Aperture 2 serial number in addition to the serial number for 3.

If it is not an upgrade have a look at Troubleshooting Professional Application Serial Numbers

Also be awre that the Pro Apps (of which Aperture is consider one) do not do well being migrated they much prefer to be installed fresh. Even if you get the serial number problem resolved you might run into problems.

If so and you don;t have access to an DVD player to install from your original media it is possible to download Aperture and activate it with your serial number. You can get it at Aperture 3 Trail

regards

Aug 21, 2013 5:22 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank, I tried all of your recommendations but still says bad license. I bought aperature in 2008 and apparently I upgraded at some point as the version I was using on my previous MBA has a different license no than when I originally purchased in 08. I have tried both license nos on freshly downloaded program as u suggested, neither worked. What next ?

Aug 21, 2013 8:01 AM in response to dehartzell

I have tried both license nos on freshly downloaded program as u suggested, neither worked. What next ?

How exactly did you "try both licence keys"? You eally need to enter both keys, as Frank explained - first the Aperture 3 licence keys, and then Aperture will prompt for the Aperture 2 serial.

but still says bad license.

What is the exact error message you are getting?

When entering the serial number make sure you do not mix up look-alike letters, like "O" and "0", or "1" and "I" or "l". And don't use the nimerical keypad to enter the numbers.

Regards, Léonie

Can not launch Aperture on new Mac book air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.