Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MyLink 2014 Silverado and Apples Map App

When I got my new Silverado my dealer paired up my IPhone 5. My hand free calling works fine but when I try to use either the Apple Map program or Google Map app they work fine however the voice for the turn by turn directions don't come thru the MYLink system nor do they come out the IPhone 5 speaker. I also notice that when I get a text message it does give me a tone at all but the IPhone 5 does vibrate. I have also tried it untethered and tethered with the same results. When i turn off the phone Bluetooth then everything works correctly. The apple software version is 6.1.4

Can anyone help?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 7:23 AM

Hi 2b1ask1,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You may find the troubleshooting steps in this article helpful:

iOS: Troubleshooting car stereo connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3581

Regards,

Jeremy

10 replies

Aug 29, 2013 12:13 PM in response to jeremy_v

After reading the link it got me to think about the Truck Stereo has a button for "Media" which will play my music on the truck stereo from my IPhone 5 using Bluetooth. So, I decide to see if Google maps would work if I was streaming my music from my IPhone 5 and guess what now my Google maps program works the way it should by giving me voice instruction using the trucks stereo. However, once you go back to playing the radio or XM Satellite the voice goes away completely. Sounds like a bug in the truck stereo to me. I am going to gues they are going to say this is a new feature and put the blame back on Apple.

I do have a question out to Chevy thru my dealership that I purchased the truck from so when I get an answer I will post it as well.

Dec 7, 2013 5:58 AM in response to bustout321

I have talked with the people at MYLink and it seems like they are very happy that their product doesn't work correctly and they are not willing to look into it at all. So, then I decided that I need to bring this to the dealer I purchased my new truck from to tell them of my dissatisfaction with the MYLink product. I talked with the owner of Karl Chevrolet ( Carl Moyer) the largest Chevrolet car dealer in Iowa. He told he would look into the problem. Guess what he found out. Ding Ding Ding. I was right and my IPhone would not work correctly with any map program on my IPhone and I could not receive Text messages (tones) when my truck was started. He was going to talk with the Mylink people. Unfortunately, I never heard anything more about it. I am going to contact him back after the first of the year. I would suggest that anyone else having this problem contact their Dealer and demand a fix. You paid a large amount of money for your new vehicle and you deserve the product (MYlink) to work properly.

See this link for more information on how to get your IPhone to work with the MYlink product after setting up AirPlay on your Iphone. FYI; You have to do this setup every time you get into your vehicle and start it up.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153867-mylink-and-iphone-with-google-maps- not-working/

Dec 13, 2013 3:15 PM in response to BigBassLaredo

I do not have the GPS Mylink just the standard Mylink so no maps show up other than a route Onstar sends me or the route I input on Onstar app. There is most certainly an issue with Mylink Syncing with my Iphone 5. I am not sure if there is a software update to Mylink. I just dont have the time to take my car to the dealership. The only way I can really get any music type app to play besides using a sd card or usb device is to start pandora then open my other apps. I wish I could help you Bid Bass. I am not knocking the Mylink as its a way upgrade to my 02 tahoe that did not have anything but this is a big letdown. I have a 2014 Impala.

Dec 14, 2013 6:01 AM in response to 2b1ask1

To Answer BigBassLaredo question on how to add Google Maps to the MyLink Screen - Unfortunately you can't add any apps to the Mylink Screen. Only Chevrolet can make apps to add them to the MyLink screen and they a very slow in doing this I might add. However, you can use your Google Maps on your IPhone and make the sound use the speaker system if you follow the instructions in this link.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153867-mylink-and-iphone-with-google-maps- not-working/

I have talked with the support staff with MyLink and they believe that there is NOTHING wrong with their product even though you prove yourself to them. For Example on numerous accounts after starting up my 2014 Truck the Bluetooth connection doesn't fully connect with the MYLInk System and how you will know this is by the "Voice Command" button will no longer work until you shut your vehicle down and restart it. They blame this on the IPhone not their system.

In fact, their pat answer to all of my questions about their system come back to one statement they always tell me. Every Iphone works differently so it is very hard for our programming staff to make all IPhone work correctly. really that is your answer. Do they thing that I am stupid? I beleive even thou Apple does have different manufacture create different parts to the IPhone there is only one OS manufacture and either you are using IOS 6 or IOS 7. Not like an Android phone where every manufacture tweaks the Google OS.

I really think that Chevrolet should be assamed that in $30K and up they put in such a lame system that could be so much better with a little bit better programming. Maybe they used the same programmers that created that website everyone loves HealthCare.org.

Jun 27, 2014 4:50 PM in response to 2b1ask1

ios 7.1.1 iPhone 5/ 2014 impala/ Chevy Mylink

I am able to get Audio from my iphone 5 to my speakers while playing regular radio by . . .

1) plug phone into USB

2) disconnect Bluetooth

3) reconnect Bluetooth

4) make sure device is connected in the settings

Then you should be able to hear google directions and text tones while playing the radio.

If you switch to media, you might have to stop your google route to start streaming music.

kind of weird, but it worked for me

MyLink 2014 Silverado and Apples Map App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.