Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S No volume bar and...?

Recently my iPhone 4S has been temperamental. Sometimes, when I try to change the volume, no bar is there. No sounds works on the device. And when I turn off the device to give it a break, it turns right back on. Upon further investigation across the Internet, I discovered it was damage to the charging port that caused this. So I checked the moisture detectors in my phone, and the headphones one was white, but low and behold the charging port one was pink. The only problem is... I never had my phone near water. One time I accidentally left my device in the pocket of my shorts which were taken off in the bathroom while I took a shower. Was the steam from that shower enough to cause this much damage? I guess it is but do you think apple will still cover this under the 1 Year Warranty? I know of someone who had issues caused by leaving their phone in the bathroom during a shower but they got a phone replacement. I guess it just depends on your apple store? Any tips on how to fix this easily? I cleaned the port out with a brush.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 8:15 PM

4 replies

iPhone 4S No volume bar and...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.