Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ScreenRecycler and JollysFastVNC Tinkering

First off I'd like to say this is my first post on the Apple forums and I am excited to be part of this community. Anyways.

I just recently downloaded and purchased ScreenRecycler and JollysFastVNC For my MacBook Pro laptop and my old G5 IMac (that I just recently repaired by myself (: ) And am very happy with the way it operates, but I would like to tinker further and am unsure of the limitations of version 1.48.

After about an hour of tinkering I was able to get it running properly between both my computers (my G5 being the one with JollysFastVNC (the host/adopted screen) and my 2013 MacBookpro with ScreenRecycler). But I noticed that all the applications I would open would initially open on my laptop's screen and not my G5's. That much is expected seeing as my laptop is dominant during the operation. There is no application dock on my G5's section (without switching the location of th dock to the vertical sides through system preferences) and no, I suppose it's called the "drop down bar". The bar that's located at the top of every mac computer by default.

I get to the point here.

Is there a way to make applications launch on my additional screen, like fullscreen programs? I'm aware that the framerate is too slow to enjoy any animated

or moving media but it's worth a shot for slideshows and digital editing software.

Any additional software I should Download?

Additionally, Is there a way to improve on the framerate of the extra screen and have my peripherals attached to my G5 work in tandem? (i.e. mouse, keyboard, speakers) At the moment I am using a CAT 5 ethernet cable to connect my computers. My G5 has no thunderbolt connector but does have a firewire connection, and so does my laptop.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), G5 Imac Circa 2002

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 10:34 PM

There are no replies.

ScreenRecycler and JollysFastVNC Tinkering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.