Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fritz!Box 7390 & Airport Express (2012) as Repeater?

Dear Apple Community,

is there a possibility to use the Airport Express (2012) as a repeater with the Fritz!Box 7390 as router?

Thanks for any help!

AirPort Express 802.11N (2nd generation), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 11:54 PM

No.. apple products do not repeat non-apple products.

3 replies

Aug 23, 2013 9:19 AM in response to Stema001

Hi everyone!

This is my first comment in this community, and I am happy to inform you that this is possible, or at least I did the bridge setup of my TC 2Gb 2011 model with a FritzBox 7390 Modem/router.

And it works great. Yesterday I did some downloads in my Parallels Win 8 VM using uTorrent and it reached almost 2Mb in download, using ADSL line in Italy.

As for the step by step guide, I don't recall it well but I am pretty sure that you will be prompted to select if you want a bridged connection with your existing router.

Good luck!

Aug 23, 2013 1:19 PM in response to C1aus

Hello Claus..

From your other post in TC area.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5255543?answerId=22799097022#22799097022

You are not wifi repeating.. you are roaming.

You have an ethernet connection between the Fritzbox and the TC..

That is always going to work fine.. that is not wireless repeating. You are creating a wireless signal on the TC completely separate from the Frtiz.

Wireless Extend or repeater means there is no wires at all.. it is extending wireless using the original wireless signal.. It will not work because Apple use proprietry system.. !!

Fritz!Box 7390 & Airport Express (2012) as Repeater?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.