Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I access the files(movies,music,etc) in my Apple Time Capsule(4th Gen) from my Apple TV(3rd Gen). This is very frustrating Apple has not provided a basic feature, and me buying the Time Capsule and Apple TV is an complete waste of bucks.

I have an Apple TV (3rd Gen) and Apple Time Capsule (4th Gen). How can I access Movies and Music stored in the Time Capsule from Apple TV. This is very n't give frustrating that Apple doesn't give their customers with an straight forward access to their customers in between their own products. Iam repenting that buying these products is completely waste of bucks. Appreciate your help...

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 3:35 AM

2 replies

Aug 21, 2013 3:39 AM in response to sudhis

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

The Time Capsule is clearly announced as a router with a hard drive to make backups, not to store anything and share it with your Apple TV.

To access to movies and music from the Time Capsule, note that the Apple TV can only access to them if they are stored in your iTunes library, so you will have to put your movies and music into iTunes to access to them, and then, put your iTunes library on the Time Capsule in order to access to your data from there

How can I access the files(movies,music,etc) in my Apple Time Capsule(4th Gen) from my Apple TV(3rd Gen). This is very frustrating Apple has not provided a basic feature, and me buying the Time Capsule and Apple TV is an complete waste of bucks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.