Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! I need to create a PDF from a folder of jpg and tiff images.

This would be from a known CD folder so I could pass the name to the program. The resulting PDF, with the same name as the folder, should be put it in a books folder under Documents.

I would like to initiate this action by clicking on a link on a local HTML page.

Just knowing if this is best done in Automator, AppleScript, or bash (or whatever) would help.

For some background: So I have 20 CDs with several dozen folders in each, full of images nicely ordered. Right now I preview them and Save As..PDF. Works fine but it is tedious.

I have a list of the CD Labels, and the existing folders inside them. I also have a handy HTML page in my Documents with the links to all the (future) PDFs ready to go.

Having a program that would just go through a whole CD and make PDFs of the same name as the different folders would be great too.

Any advice?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 5:29 AM

1 reply

Help! I need to create a PDF from a folder of jpg and tiff images.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.