Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LPX-Audio Editor Lag??

Hi There,

I would really appreciate it if someone could try the following and report back here what their finding was.

I am trying to determine if what I am experiencing is normal.

- Load up one of yor songs. This Project must have an average of about 60 channels in total and must contain both audio region and AU instrument recorded parts.

- While the song loops on a vocal part of your song (verse for example), double click the audio region that is being played. This will open up the audio editor view at the bottom of your screen, which will display the audio region and the scrolling track marker.

Now....while song plays and you can view the audio editor window along with arrange view at the top... are you experiencing any graphic lag?

User uploaded file

If yes please do let me know?

If not please share what type of machine?

Other LPX users are telling me they do not know why I am complaining but I am convinced that LPX is not performing as it should on my machine.

If I could just find out how it is performing on other peoples machines then I could draw a conclusion and move on.

Thank you for your time.

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 6:53 AM

4 replies

Aug 21, 2013 8:21 AM in response to Chance Harper

Chance,

I know what you are trying to achieve.. but the reality is, you cant find out anything of practical use, by doing what you suggest..

I say this simply because, different Instrument or FX plugins place different loads on the CPU.... Different display resolutions place different loads on the GPU/CPU.. different types of routing will cause different loads to be placed on the CPU... It just isn't as simple as doing what you ask... and note: Im not even talking about hardware differences... or other software running...

The only way to get somewhat close to sort of feedback you are asking for... is to provide a project that causes issues on your Mac using the standard LPX plugins.. and for someone else to load that exact same project on their Mac so they can provide realistic feedback for you.

Aug 21, 2013 10:41 AM in response to Chance Harper

This is strange, since over two hours this topic "says" it has had one reply (by The Art Of Sound), but it does not show up... 😕

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

On topic: I cannot do this test, I never have so many tracks in my songs... 😐

And of course, immediately after I posted this, the reply by TAOS shows up above mine.., and yes, I did refresh the page (several times).

Aug 21, 2013 1:38 PM in response to Eriksimon

Erik,

Yes, there seems to be a couple of long standing bugs that come and go... with community posts not showing up for whatever reason.. even though I get an email notification...and then out of the blue they do appear..

or...I don't get notifications even though posts have been made to the thread... I wonder if the two are related?

Also happens on an iPad along with another bug that doesn't allow you edit a post you have previously posted up (within the normal timeframes) because the edit button doesn't appear.. Both of these issues have been reported numerous times but so far, no fixes it seems..

Ah well.....

LPX-Audio Editor Lag??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.