Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jungle Fever

So, browser tells me to upgrade operating system. Mac website talks of lions, leopards etc, and About This Mac window gives no mention of big game animals. I'm guessing that with OS X (10.5.8) I'm some kind of lion? But where do I go from here? All the way to top cat, or just the next ***** up?

Many thanks,

Specs:

2 GHz Intel Core Duo

2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 8:05 AM

Mac OS X 10.5.8 is named Leopard.

With the hardware you have - specifically the Intel Core Duo processor - the farthest you can go would be Mac OS X 10.6.8, named Snow Leopard. You can order an install disk for that from Apple for about $20 (at least in the USA.)

3 replies

Aug 21, 2013 8:27 AM in response to dobmuel

You are welcome and thank you for the courtesy of awarding the "solved" for this thread. It is not required but it is certainly appreciated.

Also, sorry, I meant to include a link to the Snow Leopard install disk purchase page. Here it is - http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

If you are not in the USA change the country to the correct one.

Best of luck.

Jungle Fever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.