Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I put an audio file from mail to iTunes using the iPad?

I received some audio files via email. I want to put them into my iTunes library. Can I do this using only my iPad? Or do I have to do it from my desktop computer? If I can do it from the iPad, how? Thanks !

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 7:07 AM

You can't copy them into the Music app, the only way to get content into that is downloading it from the iTunes store directly on your iPad or syncing it from your computer's iTunes. If you have another music/audio app on your iPad that supports that file type then you may be able to use 'open in' in Mail to copy them to that app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2013 7:07 AM in response to ceomd

You can't copy them into the Music app, the only way to get content into that is downloading it from the iTunes store directly on your iPad or syncing it from your computer's iTunes. If you have another music/audio app on your iPad that supports that file type then you may be able to use 'open in' in Mail to copy them to that app.

Can I put an audio file from mail to iTunes using the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.