If you are looking to sync your contacts from your iPhone to your Mac, you may find the following article helpful:
If you are trying to do this with iCloud, make sure your Mac is running OS X Lion (10.7.2) or higher, then go to Settings>iCloud on your phone, sign in with your Apple ID to create your account, turn Contacts to On, then on your Mac go to System Preferences>iCloud, sign into your account and check Contacts.
If you only want to import a copy of your contacts from your Mac to your phone without using iCloud, do the following:
- Open Contacts (Address Book) on your Mac, go to View>Groups.
- Click on the All Contacts group, select any contact to the right, thengo to Edit>Select All (Command-A) to select them all.
- Export to a vCard by going to File>Export>vCard, save this on your desktop.
- Send an email to yourself with this file as an attachment.
- Open the email on your iPhone and tap the attachment to import the contacts to your phone.