Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to set up Time Capsule wirelessly (not connected to router with cable but by WiFi) and store iTunes movies/music on it to watch on Mac or Apple tv? Or will there be to much lag?

I asked this question to a 'Genious' in the Apple store and he said yes, then I asked the question on the phone to Apple costumer service (to be sure) and they said no. Now I'm confussed and can't find a clear answer anywhere... so I decided to ask the real geniuses here on the forum. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you in advance,

-Jasper-

Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 8:51 AM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2013 9:43 AM in response to Jasper G.

You always want to have your iTunes library on your computer, or on a USB or FireWire hard drive connected directly to your computer.

If you do it this way, then Time Machine can back up both your Mac and the hard drive to the Time Capsule......so you have complete backups of everything, in case your Mac, or the hard drive fails.

Is it possible to set up Time Capsule wirelessly (not connected to router with cable but by WiFi) and store iTunes movies/music on it to watch on Mac or Apple tv? Or will there be to much lag?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.