Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Air only detecting 19 iPads when hooked up to cart with 32 iPads in it.

I am trying to deploy several new carts of iPads for our school. We went with the Aver TabSync carts, and purchased 4 new MacBook Airs (1.3GHz Mid 2013). When I open Apple Configurator, it only sees 19 iPads. I hooked up an older MacBook Air (Mid 2012), and it sees all 32. I tried hooking up the two USB cables to a powered USB hub and plugging into one port on the MBA, but it still only sees 19 iPads. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 9:50 AM

3 replies

Feb 24, 2014 3:10 AM in response to yaroz

I performed a variety of hardware changes and tests to check this as i had exactly the same problem. Had a lengthy chat with Apple UK and credit where credit is due, they provided a solution.

I had been working with an independent Apple Consultant as well and i provided him with the solution. Rather than type it in again here, he eloquently put the solution onto his website. For any sufferers of this issue, please try out the following guide:

http://theictadvisors.co.uk/mac-book-air-sync-issues/

I even got Apple Support to give me the return command line, in case it did not work.

However, i was warned by Apple support, when plugged into the sync trolley as more power is being allocated to the USB ports, this will have a greater pull on the battery. So, do what you gotta do and then unhook. 🙂

Hope this helps.

Remember, i accept no responsibility if this does not work, just worked for me!!

New MacBook Air only detecting 19 iPads when hooked up to cart with 32 iPads in it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.