Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International credit card with English language app store

I'm American and overseas. Using a non-American bank & credit card. I cannot buy from the US App Store. On the app store I am able to use, all the apps available for download are in a language I cannot understand. How can I change either the language of the apps to English, or change to the US App Store? Thank you.

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 9:38 AM

iTunes and Mac App Stores are national and regional only. You must reside in the territory of the store and have a payment method for the store; either a bank card from a bank where you reside with a verifiable billing address in the nation or region where you reside, or as an alternative, redeem an iTunes gift card for that store.

Apps will display the language that your device is set to use if the language resources for that language are available in the app. If the developer has not included English in the app, it is not likely that you will be provided English.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2013 9:38 AM in response to Dswagger

iTunes and Mac App Stores are national and regional only. You must reside in the territory of the store and have a payment method for the store; either a bank card from a bank where you reside with a verifiable billing address in the nation or region where you reside, or as an alternative, redeem an iTunes gift card for that store.

Apps will display the language that your device is set to use if the language resources for that language are available in the app. If the developer has not included English in the app, it is not likely that you will be provided English.

Aug 21, 2013 2:53 PM in response to Dah•veed

Thanks for replying. Basically, I just spent $900 on an iPad that I cannot use apps for, until I return home late next year. I've been unable to convince the App Store to show me anything in English. Splendid. Asking why this must be and expecting a coherent answer is probably going too far. Why a Visa card is not a Visa card is beyond me.

International credit card with English language app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.