Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update 11.0.5 not recognising any devices

Hi

I installed update 11.0.5. a few days ago on windows 8, since then i have not been able to sync or view any of my devises on itunes.

Apple TV 1st Generation iOS

This does not show up in devices, but it shows all of the recent films and books I've added to itunes since the update, and on the ATV it does show them but will not play them. Ive checked the films and they are not corrupted. I have also able to watch films via Netfilx or youtube via wireless and network cable. So it's not the internet contection.

Ipad 1st generation iOS 5.1.1

Does not show up under devices, although my Ipad shows that it is charging from the USB (I have tried all three usb ports) I have reset my Ipad settings but when connecting it to my laptop by USB the option "Sync over Wi-Fi connection" does not appear.

Iphone 3GS iOS 6.1.3

Does not show up under devices in itunes.

All of these devides have the latest updates. I have looked through troubleshooting and various forums. I have tried uninstalling Itunes completely then reinstalling a lower version 10.0.4 but because I added files on the newer update it would not open. So I re installed iOS 11.0.4 with all the trimings ( icloud and Quicktime) no effect, so I updated it to 11.0.5 still nothing. Ive logged out of I tunes and logged bak in, restarted the laptop and all the devises several times and still nothing. Ive even checked to see if there was a third party conflict but I could not see one.

Its a shame that this has happen as I have been singing Apples prasies on how easy and reliable they are to use but after spending three days trailing through discussion groups it's not looking so good.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this issue?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, Apple TV 1st Gen Iphone 3GS

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 10:56 AM

2 replies

Update 11.0.5 not recognising any devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.