Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assign a Set Order with Mission Control to Full Screen Apps (On Startup)

Mission Control is great (not as good as Spaces as I enjoyed being able to go down as well as side to side to switch apps).

For me, I like to have all my apps arranged in a particular order so I can know how far I need to go to get back to whatever app I'm looking for. However, when I start up my computer, Mountain Lion seems to arrange it in its own order, the same everyday but not what I had arranged the previous day. I arrange it back to the way I like it, and all is good until I restart when Mountain Lion rearranges it back to this other order.

I turned off the "arrange as I use" feature.

I know you can assign desktops to apps - but it doesn't seem like full screen apps can be assigned an order. Is this just something I gotta deal with? Is there anyway for Mountain Lion to just restart my computer as I had it? Why does it choose their order over mine? What's informing the order?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB SDRAM

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 11:20 AM

There are no replies.

Assign a Set Order with Mission Control to Full Screen Apps (On Startup)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.