Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading my MacBook Pro Silver Harddrive???

Does anyone know how to upgrade the hard drive to a larger one (I have the 512 and would like to get up to at least one Terabyte)????

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 11:59 AM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2013 12:06 PM in response to DarcyW

Your signature says you have an iBook G4. iBook G4s are not MacBook Pros. Do you really have a MacBook Pro? If you do, please go to the System Profiler and tell us the MacBook Pro machine identifier. It would say MacBook Pro x,y in the profiler. The x and y values are needed.

For the MacBook Pro 4,y and earlier that are 15" diagonal screen you can only use 9.5" 2.5mm SATA drives.

For the MacBook Pro 4,y and earlier than are 17" diagonal screen, and 5,y any size you can use the 12" 2.5mm SATA drives.

Note 1.5 Gbps SATA bus drives are essential for all except the newest. Otherwise they may not work at all if they have a faster bus. Some MacBook Pros have firmware updates to address this.

If you indeed only have an iBook, you can use only the Parallel ATA 9.5" 2.5mm drives.

http://www.macsales.com/ sells drives for all these machines.

Aug 22, 2013 4:19 AM in response to DarcyW

I do have a MacBook Pro...Here is the info you asked about. Now how can I upgrade/enlarge my internal drive?:

Model Name:MacBook Pro
Model Identifier:MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name:Intel Core i7
Processor Speed:2 GHz
Number of Processors:1
Total Number of Cores:4
L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
L3 Cache:6 MB
Memory:4 GB
Boot ROM Version:MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system):1.69f3
Serial Number (system):C0*******F8Y
Hardware UUID:9445DD20-4A17-5D84-9D99-AC76ACB85816

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State:Enabled

<Edited By Host>

Upgrading my MacBook Pro Silver Harddrive???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.