Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Studio upgrade

Hi, I wonder if anyone knows an answer to this. I bought Logic 9 a while ago as a download app online. I also recently bought an upgrade Logic Studio box. But to install it I also need to have a serial number which having bought an online rather than physical copy. Had anyone have same problems? Not even sure where to turn as Apple store unable to assist me and it takes ages for them to respond. Sound like something that should have an easy solution....

Logic Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 2:22 PM

7 replies

Aug 21, 2013 2:24 PM in response to AnyaF

The Logic Studio box you bought probably contains the same Logic Pro version or an older version than the one you installed from the Mac App Store, so you can't do anything. The upgrade version is designed to upgrade from older Logic Studio versions, and you didn't have Logic Studio installed, so you bought the wrong version. Return it and get a full Logic Studio version

Aug 21, 2013 2:41 PM in response to AnyaF

It's the problem. It's designed to upgrade older Logic Studio versions, and you don't have Logic Studio (simply you bought Logic Pro as a standalone app). The only solution is to buy the full version, as you can't install a Logic Studio upgrade version if you only purchased Logic Pro (which is not the same as Logic Studio)

Aug 21, 2013 3:20 PM in response to AnyaF

AnyaF

It means it will upgrade from the previous version version of Logic Pro.. ie from Logic Pro 8 to Logic Pro 9

To install the DVD upgrade version of Logic Studio 2.0/Logic Pro 9 you must have the previous full version's serial number.. ie a Logic Studio 1.0 / Logic Pro 8 Full version serial.....

Note: Logic Studio 1.0 contained Logic Pro 8 plus other apps and content... and Logic Studio 2.0 contained Logic Pro 9 plus other apps..and content

Logic Pro 9 from the App store.. as mende1 was trying to tell you.. is considered a different program as that version did not come as part of Logic Studio 2.0. The app store version is a standalone version.

Logic Studio upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.