Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use an iPad4 to control a .PPT running on a PC

Hello,

I teach using my iPad4. All of my other devices are Windows or Android systems, including the devices at my school. I am looking for a way to run a Power Point on a PC at my school, but control that Power Point from my iPad.

I have found many ways to run the Power Point or other presentation software (KeyNote, Prezi, etc.) directly from my iPad. That would be fine, except for two concerns:

1) During class, while a presentation would need to remain running and visible on the projector/overhead TV, I switch to other apps on my iPad to track attendance, class participation, grades, do my own web searches, open my notes, etc. I need the presentation to keep going when I do so, and I certainly cannot display that info on the projector for even a moment (especially grades).

2) I edit high-resoluation videos on my PC and include them in my presentations, and I don't know if the iPad will run them as smoothly as the classroom PC unless I decrease the quality/resolution of the video file, which I prefer not to do.

Any ideas?

I would also be interested to know if there is a way to run the presentation on the iPad4 but be able to switch to other apps on the iPad while the presentation keeps going on the classroom projector/overhead TV. Doing so would let me, for example, run a .PPT/Prezi/etc. on the iPad4 in presentation mode so that I could see my lecture notes from slide to slide. If, for example, all the iPad4 did was serve as a glorified remote control for the PC that was running the presentation, I would have to click the iPad to advance a slide on the PC by remote control and then click the iPad again to advance the slide on the iPad so that I moved on to my next set of notes (my current solution to that is just to use a standalone presentation remote instead of my iPad4, and then to keep a general lecture notes file on my iPad that I scroll through as I click from slide to slide in class).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edit: I have searched at length for apps and hardware to solve this question, to no avail. I called Apple and they did not have a solution.

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 4:01 PM

Search in the App Store for PowerPoint remote found several that might fit the bill.

Slide show remote is one.

I have no experience with any of them.

4 replies

Use an iPad4 to control a .PPT running on a PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.