Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Open Most Apps in System Preferences

When I open Syetem Preferences and try to open most Apple panes such as Security and Privacy, I receive this message: To use the “Security & Privacy” preferences pane, System Preferences must quit and reopen.

User uploaded file

I've Seen previous suggestions to right click the System Preferences app and go to Get Info then deselect "Open in 32-bit mode" but when I choose Get Info, It doesn't give the option to deselect "Open in 32-bit mode". I'm currently on OS X 10.8.4 btwUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 6:40 PM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2013 7:30 PM in response to Sn33rkid

Back up all data, then reinstall the OS. You don't need to erase the startup volume, and you won't need your backup unless something goes wrong. If your Mac was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you’ll need the Apple ID and password you used to upgrade.

If you installed the Java runtime distributed by Apple and still need it, you'll have to reinstall it.

Cannot Open Most Apps in System Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.