Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remotely access my iPad

Is the way of remotely accessing an iPad from either another iPad or desktop?

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 5:34 AM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2013 7:40 AM in response to Chattercom

Hi,

Demo is right.

However, the question is very often asked the other way around, particularly because you can take your ipad everywhere but not your desktop. In the subject you asked if you could see your ipad remotely, then in the copy you asked about accessing an ipad remotely. So reasons for each can differ.

So following is a simple FYI in case your needs change or in case this might help in any way.

There are ways to access your desktop from your ipad. If that would help you at all, you might want to check out the Jump Desktop app or the Splashtop Desktop app. (When I first heard of the latter of these, I mistakenly thought it could work to see desktop from ipad and ipad from desktop - not the case.) One of our sons uses Splashtop on campus where he can access anything on his desktop. It saves him having to buy and carry a much heavier laptop to class. It works with his campus wireless. However, his ipad is wi-fi only and for what is called anywhere access in Splashtop you need a cellular connection at a cost. We haven't tried Jumpstart yet, but our son might add it in as he goes back to his campus.

Go to the app store, then click on categories listed across the top. Then click on business. On the right, scroll down to top paid. Jump Desktop is rated # 3 and Splashtop is rated # 5. Both have very strong user ratings. Personally, I'm hoping Jumpstart solves the need for owners of non-cellular ipads.

Hope this helps.

Can I remotely access my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.