Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get the iCal server to work correctly?!

We are a business that uses Apple software and products for everything! For a while we've been having an issue with iCal - it seems when an invite is sent we are unable to accept, we click 'accept' but the message is never sent, so then it looks like we're ignorning the request (which of course can look un professional). We have approached various IT companies and all they seemt o sugegst is using a different Mail Server (such as Kerio, Exchange etc) as a fix, which of course is quite costly, especially when we believe, that iCal should be able to work effectively for a growing business.

We've deleted users from the server, added them back on...the only way they can accept invites is if they keep it on the local calendar, which of course isn't any good to us as we share the calendars, therefore it needs to be on the server.

I'm really hoping there is something someone out there can tell me to help us! I am loosing hope and I am reluctant to fork out for such costly solutions as Kerio when I know iCal server can work. Please help! If you need any further information please let me know.

Thanks

iCal Server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iCal 4.0.4

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 3:42 AM

There are no replies.

How can I get the iCal server to work correctly?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.