Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X moving automation-Bug or not?

Having this issue on my side, perhaps if some of you can confirm if this a bug or is this only happening on my side.

Create a group of chanels. You know that feature where you group name and when you move one they all move.

After that turn on automation for the whole group.

Click to enter automation starting point... you'll notice that the automation gets drawn on all the channels of the entire group.

Now click another point into the automation (once again it will draw to the whole group) BUT now MOVE that second clicked in point a little back (to right of arrange page).... now go look at automation data on other group channels and youll see the automation data is now removed on those channels.

This never happended under LP9.

Is this a bug or has automation changed under LPX?

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 3:59 AM

4 replies

Aug 23, 2013 12:02 AM in response to Chance Harper

I can duplicate this, but only if I don't change the value. If I change the value, then all relevent automation points are added back in. It's a little strange, though, because sometimes I can make "one click" accidental moves and it won't reflect in the other tracks. Then when I go to make an intentional move that the other tracks do catch, they start from zero (or wherever it was) while the accidental move track is now a few value points ahead of them.

I might be inclined to look at it as intentional data thinning, except for the exception that can occur.

Logic Pro X moving automation-Bug or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.