Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipads (retina, mini and ipad2) cannot connect to new airport extreme, does any one have the same problems?

Hello fellows

I have a problem since a while that my ipads cannot connect to the timecapsule (so i thought it might be broken) i purchased an airport extreme and still are not able to connect my ipads whereas i can connect my macbook air and my iphone 5 without any problem. I as well went on the modem to change the dhcp settings to be managed my the router (airport extreme) but i am still not able to connect my ipads to the internet over wifi.

any suggestion woudl be very much appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 5:50 AM

1 reply

Aug 24, 2013 9:03 AM in response to stephan51

Hello stephan51,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I would recommend starting with this article named iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections found http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398.

First the general troubleshooting:

1. Be sure that you are in range of your Wi-Fi router (access point).
  2. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.

If unable to do so, see this article.

3. Confirm that your Wi-Fi router and Cable or DSL modem are connected to power, turned on, and indicate that they are connected to the Internet.

If not, refer to your network administrator or ISP for assistance.

4. Restart your iOS device.
  5. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected. Then tap > and Forget this Network. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network again.

Note: You will need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your desired network requires one.

6. Turn your Wi-Fi router off and then on again2. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
  7. Update your device to the latest version of software.
  8. Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware2.

For AirPort Base Stations, see this article for information about firmware updates.

And then the more advanced troubleshooting toward the bottom if needed. There are different instructions depending on the symptoms you are seeing.

Cheers,

Sterling

my ipads (retina, mini and ipad2) cannot connect to new airport extreme, does any one have the same problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.