Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Bluetooth from endless seeking?

I have two devices connected to my iPhone 5, an earpiece and my car Bluetooth. When I am connected to my car bluetooth, my iPhone seeks the other phone endlessly, and when I'm using my earpiece, my iPhone seeks my hands-free car connection.

When I'm NOT using bluetooth, the iPhone is constantly searching and wearing down my battery. If I don't want it to search, I have to go to my iPhone > settings > general > bluetooth > Off. And, of course, when I get in my car, I have to do the reverse in order to use my phone in my car.

Is there an App that makes turning bluetooth off and on (and per device) simple? Do you know if Apple plans to fix this hardware problem? It's really a dreadful drain on my battery for bluetooth to seek 24/7 and I know I can turn all the "smart" features off, but then, why have a smartphone?

Thanks for your input and ideas!

PB

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 6:32 AM

1 reply

Aug 22, 2013 7:33 AM in response to phineasboggs

phineasboggs wrote:

I have two devices connected to my iPhone 5, an earpiece and my car Bluetooth. When I am connected to my car bluetooth, my iPhone seeks the other phone endlessly, and when I'm using my earpiece, my iPhone seeks my hands-free car connection.

Why do you believe this is true? If you're looking at the bluetooth setting screen and see the little rotating wheel, and you believe that is what's happening when you're not on that screen... I hate to tell you this, but it's like the light in your refridgerator... When you shut the door, the light goes out. When you leave that screen, it stops actively scanning like that.

I leave bluetooth on 24x7 and have no problem with excessive battery drain at all because it's searching for any of the multiple devices I've paired it with. If they are not in range, it uses virtually no power.

Look for another cause for your excessive battery usage. Bluetooth is not the culprit.

Stop Bluetooth from endless seeking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.