Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing widgets in widget dashboard

Hello all,

I'm trying to close some widgets in my widget board.

I followed the instructions given my apple on the a web page asking to click on the "widget manager" button. I do not have any visible "widget manager" button. I only have + - more widget on the bottom left and -> on the bottom right. Thank you for your help.

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 6:46 AM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2013 6:48 AM in response to napo23

There isn't any Widget Manager button.

If you want to remove a widget, open Dashboard, press the - button and choose the X button above the widget you want to remove. If you want to uninstall a widget you installed, open Dashboard, press the + and the - buttons, and press the X button above the widget's icon

Jul 13, 2014 6:38 AM in response to napo23

Hi 🙂

All valid what was written by fellow users above.

I will add some additional info. Especially being quite fresh in Mac world, but having (bad?) experience with Windows.

Just to remove widget from dashboard, you can click the "minus" button on bottom left, OR you can hold your Alt button while pointing the chosen widget with the mouse.

Useful info:

To uninstall the widget from the system (OS, the files installed), go to the widgets you have by clicking "plus" button , and then hold Alt button and click on the widget you want to complete remove from your system.

I think some forget that, and it's quite useful. To keep the system tidy and not overloaded with tons of not useful stuff.

Hope it helps, thanks 😉

removing widgets in widget dashboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.