Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heat and battery for iPhone 5

I'm a newcomer in iPhone. I just bought this two days ago, but when i use for browsing and messaging, the iP5 getting so hot and the battery is running out quickly (about 4h when i use for browsing). Is this conditions normal since i read that iP5 can live about 8h for browsing and talk time.

PS: iOS for my iP5 is 6.0.2 and i have no photo and video. I only have 9 apps so i think i still have many rooms for memory.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 9:14 AM

Where exactly did you get this phone? A new iPhone 5 should have come with iOS 6.1.4 or at least 6.1.3. Anything else means it's either been sitting on a shelf for a very long time or it is not "new".

6 replies

Aug 22, 2013 9:26 AM in response to HS01

Then maybe you should take it back to them. If it's brand new, then you should be within the return period, not to mention the fact that it has a 1 year warranty...

You may want to plug your serial number in here, and see what it says, though: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

iOS 6.1 was released in January. If it's running 6.0.something, then it has to have been on the shelf for at least 7 months.

Heat and battery for iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.