Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple agreed that MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010-Feb2011) are having screen freeze issues and decided to service for free but mine is March 2011 with the same problem but service is expensive. What to do?

Apple agreed that MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010-Feb2011) are having screen freeze issues and decided to service for free till three years but mine is March 2011 with the same problem but the service is very expensive. I dont have a protection plan either. What to do?

And Apple claimes they had solved the problem in the next immediate series post March 2011. But my MacBook is giving the exact same problem.

" computers may intermittently freeze or stop displaying video on the built-in display or on an external display connected to the MacBook Pro. In this situation, you may also see a restart warning message before the video is lost or the display turns black or gray."

Refer to http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4088

Its not even more then two years I have brought the laptop and the experience has been disappointing.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 7:34 AM

1 reply

Aug 22, 2013 7:37 AM in response to arnabenator

Probably you have an Early 2011 MacBook Pro. I have seen other reports from other users that also say that this MacBook Pro has got problems with the ATI GPU included, and I even see an user claiming for a free repair.

As Apple hasn't released any replacement program for your MacBook Pro, you can't get it repaired for free, but in case that Apple decides to release a replacement program for your MacBook Pro, you will get your money refunded. My advice is to take it to an Apple Store or reseller and tell them more about your problem. If you look for more threads in Apple Support Communities, you will find other users with the same problem

Apple agreed that MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010-Feb2011) are having screen freeze issues and decided to service for free but mine is March 2011 with the same problem but service is expensive. What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.