Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use Google maps with Siri

Hope someone can shed some light on this one?

Apple maps has been out for a year, yet still sends me to the wrong location, can't find simple landmarks in my hometown (Blackburn, Lancs, UK). Obviously I just do not use it because Google maps gives perfect directions every time, has every landmark you could ever want to find, even the smallest of businesses etc, street view.. Why oh why did apple decide to drop the search engine giant I don't know!?

Anyway! When I am driving, I want to use Siri to direct me using google maps as opposed to Apple's rubbish, anyone an idea? I have iOS 6.1.4 (latest as yet) on an iPhone 5. I have read that if you as Siri to direct 'via transit' it is supposed to give you options, but this does not seem to be working? Maybe Apple have updated since this was found and removed the option? Does anyone have another solution?

Seriously Apple, you really need to stop trying to compete with this one, you would make a lot of end users very happy!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 9:01 AM

1 reply

How to use Google maps with Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.