9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2014 9:15 PM by yota.everyevery
Marty Roberts Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I have an ipad mini and use it often  for email.  Last night I sent a whole bunch of emails from it but cannot find them in my sent mail.  Some are important.  Where did they go??

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4
  • poikkeus1 Level 4 Level 4 (1,035 points)

If you're using your iPad in combination with an ISP like ATT, and have webmail, retrieve the mail there. The same if you dock to a desktop or laptop.

If you're using it alone, I'm not sure what you can do.

• Marty Roberts Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I have web mail but it only collects sent mail that I send from web mail.  My Mac keeps all my sent mail in the sent mail folder.  My iphone keeps all sent mail in the sent mail folder.  Sometimes my ipad keeps sent mail in the sent mail folder but not always and not at all yesterday.  I can find no record of the emails I sent.  Anyone else have an answer?

• poikkeus1 Level 4 Level 4 (1,035 points)

Gotcha.

An iPad will sometimes delete messages it thinks is duplicated on your main computer. However, you'll find all your emails on webmail. Try there.

In the future, you might consider going to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calandars/Ask for Deleting and toggle it on. That way, you'll be warned before messages are deleted.

• Marty Roberts Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I don't think you are understanding that is is my SENT mail that I am trying to find.  It is only saved in the place it was sent from, but my ipad is not saving the emails I SEND.

• herbio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem with an iPad 2. I send an email and it just disappears. I have checked oniCloud to be sure that it really wasn't sent, and it wasn't, so I have to go to my computer and send it again. This has been going on for some time now. It is erratic: sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think there is a bug in the current version of ios.

• AmishCake Level 5 Level 5 (7,700 points)

If the mail account is IMAP, you may be able to go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap on the account. Tap the account again and look for an "Advanced" option. In there, I can choose to save my sent emails into the Sent folder.

• herbio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I don't think it is a settings issue. I haven't changed the settings, and have always bcc my sent emails, so I can tell whether a message has been sent. I am using Apple's mail for all my email. It is not a 3rd party mail system. It has worked fine the last couple of years, and still works erratically now. The problem started with the last upgrade of ios.

• Richard0837 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I also have problems that have only recently started.  Not all e-mails get saved,  some do, some don't.  Very frustrating, especially when travelling with an I-pad2 rather than a Mac or laptop.  Any updated thoughts from anyone?

• yota.everyevery Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks a lot Marty. ..!!

your  answer is right. Now my problem's fixed.