3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 12:22 PM by Michael Allbritton
DJB23 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hey everyone,

 

I've purchased iTunes Match before and had so many problems with it from day one. Not uploading artwork, constantly wiping all my songs off my iPhone so I'd have to sit there, redownload them individually which took hours and it was so frustraiting. has it imporved since last December? I'm definitely looking forward to iTunes Radio though and wouldn't mind this ad free... however,

 

What I'm now thinking is, if I purchase it again is there a chance I can not have it turned on via my phone but make use of their '256 kbps' downloads. So, if I have a '128 kbps' song can I then use the iTunes Match to find the 256 kbps from their store BUT sync the iPhone through the normal methods... Plug my phone in, drag the song over, or select an album in the music tab rather than use my music in the cloud?

 

Hope that kind of makes sense?

 

Dave


MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)
  • 1. Re: iTunes Match, Purchased before but debating whether to again...
    Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6 (16,710 points)

    DJB23 wrote:

     

    ...is there a chance I can not have it turned on via my phone but make use of their '256 kbps' downloads.

    Of course. It is not a requirement of the service that it be activated on all devices. However, if you want to sign up for the service for the specific purpose of upgrading lower bit rate songs to the 256 Kbps DRM-free versions you will disapointed because you will not get a 100% match rate on all the music in your iTunes library.

     

    You should also be aware that if you canceled your original subscription and got a refund you will not be able to resubscribe to the service again for 1 year, unless Apple has changed that policy.

  • 2. Re: iTunes Match, Purchased before but debating whether to again...
    DJB23 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

    I remember last time there was a 'big' success rate with some of the songs in my collection so it was a little hit and miss (Even when I looked for that song in the iTunes store it still didn't find the 256 kbps version)

     

    I didn't cancel the subscription it just naturally expired but I will probbaly wait until this new iTunes radio is out first before purchasing again. So, i get the full use of the service. It is good to know that you don't have ti engage it on the device of your choice and can keep it as normal. It was so frustraiting re downloading all the content!

  • 3. Re: iTunes Match, Purchased before but debating whether to again...
    Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6 (16,710 points)

    DJB23 wrote:

     

    I remember last time there was a 'big' success rate with some of the songs in my collection so it was a little hit and miss (Even when I looked for that song in the iTunes store it still didn't find the 256 kbps version)

    I'm afraid I don't quite understand what this means.

     

    DJB23 wrote:

     

    I didn't cancel the subscription it just naturally expired but I will probbaly wait until this new iTunes radio is out first before purchasing again. So, i get the full use of the service. It is good to know that you don't have ti engage it on the device of your choice and can keep it as normal. It was so frustraiting re downloading all the content!

    You shouldn't have too long to wait, then. Apple is apparently having a media event on 10 Sept.