Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fractalious

I have seen some amazing photos that have been processed using an add-on program to Photoshop called Fractalious. Does anyone know of anything similar for Aperture?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 11:59 AM

4 replies

Aug 22, 2013 12:30 PM in response to Rip Burn

Nothing that I am aware of. Plugin work for Aperture has seemed to slowed down considerably.

There was some work for somthing similar to use in GIMP, the free PS like editor, not sure what the current state of it is.

As GIMP can be used as an external editor for Aperture if there does exist a GIMP Fractalious plugin then it could be used, in a round about manner in Aperture.

regards

Aug 22, 2013 12:47 PM in response to Rip Burn

(The name appears to be Fractalius.) You can, of course, use PS as your external editor, and use any plug-ins that PS supports. (I use the Nik Suite in this way.)

Fractalius significantly alters your image -- in effect, it creates a new image. In terms of workflow, I suggest using Aperture to make your digital negatives as good as they can be (for whatever purpose), and then exporting them and using those exported files to make new graphics entities.

Fractalious

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.