Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I wipe and start over with Boot Camp - Windows 7?

I have a MacBook Pro that's had Windows 7 on it for about a year, ~6mo into that I added Parallels so I didn't have to reboot whenever I needed it...but holy-moly, my Windows runs exceptionally slow! My MBP has 16gb of RAM and it takes the simplest tasks forever to operate when I reboot in Windows [when I plan on using it for the entire day].

I have to think that somewhere along the lines my Windows got curropted somehow and it's performance has been reduced significantly. I am trying to update with the lastest Boot Camp drivers to see if that cures anything....If the new drivers don't seem to help, is there a way for me to completely delete the partition I have of Boot Camp and start over new? Should I just delete the partition and start using Windows solely through Parallels instead?

School is starting up and I'll be using Windows daily and need to get this resolved.

Thanks!

-Mike

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 12:29 PM

3 replies

Aug 22, 2013 12:31 PM in response to goodysgotacuda

Depending on your uses, the virtual machine is enough. If you don't use Windows for applications that require a high performance, delete the Boot Camp partition through Boot Camp Assistant and use Parallels.

If not, you can start up from the Windows DVD, format the Windows partition (it's the last partition listed) and reinstall it. You don't need to delete the partition and create the same partition

Can I wipe and start over with Boot Camp - Windows 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.