Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ExpressCard 34 Storage for Aperture Library?

I want to use the ExpressCard 34 slot, and add at least 100 - 300gb *Inside* my MacBook Pro side slot, not just another external drive.

My Aperture (Remote Master Only & preview purged) Library is 70gb. I'm working a lot and it's going to keep growing, I'm out of disk space on my MacBook Pro.

I have to avoid a USB solution, the current daisy chain of drives already slows the import\backup process, and having to carry another device with the laptop puts the critical Aperture Library file at risk.

Has anyone seen an ExpressCard 34 big storage card?

much appreciated!

omaether

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 1:37 PM

Best I can find is a 128gb card as NewEgg but it ain't cheap!

I know you wrote that you don;t want an external solution but if your flexible on that there are interfaces that would allow you to connect a drive. I even saw a USB 3.0 interface.

Two Advanteges One, you can get more storage for less money and two, let's face it, at some point you're going to have to replace that system and to my knowledge Apple has stopped putting expresscard slots on the MBP's. Which means the card will no longer be useful. However if you get an interface and drive the drive at least will still be useable when you upgrade.

regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2013 1:37 PM in response to omaether

Best I can find is a 128gb card as NewEgg but it ain't cheap!

I know you wrote that you don;t want an external solution but if your flexible on that there are interfaces that would allow you to connect a drive. I even saw a USB 3.0 interface.

Two Advanteges One, you can get more storage for less money and two, let's face it, at some point you're going to have to replace that system and to my knowledge Apple has stopped putting expresscard slots on the MBP's. Which means the card will no longer be useful. However if you get an interface and drive the drive at least will still be useable when you upgrade.

regards

Aug 24, 2013 6:03 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

That is a great find. Thank you Frank!

The USB 3.0 adapter is a good idea too, I am going to have to upgrade, and as part of this space issue am evaluating my portable work flow. Recent gear troubles traveing intrenationally got me worried about perferal devices and storage so I was hoping some option like this one could be possible.

You've been a big help, much appreciated!

best

ExpressCard 34 Storage for Aperture Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.