Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes written on iPhone4 do not transfer to computer, Mac OSX 10.8.4 Mountain Lion

How do I simply have Notes written on iPhone4 transfer/show up in Notes app on Dock of computer.

Notes written on iPhone4 do not transfer to computer.

Would like iPhone 4 (IOS 6.1.3.) Notes to show up on Mac OSX 10.8.4 in the Notes App that is in my dock on desktop computer.
Tasks I have completed:

On Computer:

Gone to System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Cal and checked the Notes to be stored in iCloud.

On iPhone gone to: Settings > iCloud > Notes > On

On Phone:

Tapped on Yes/Allow when my phone asked for permission to put Notes on iCloud.

Connected iPhone to computer & synced iPhone...Before & after Restarting Computer and powering down phone then back up & re-syncing in iTunes.

Not Mobile Me member.

As suggested in Apple Support I went to Mail application to look for Notes but there is No "To Do, Reminder " etc.

iMac 21.5 late 2009, OSX 10.8.4

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 3.06 GHz Int Core 2 Duo ,4GB 1067

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 1:53 PM

On your Mac open System Preferences > iCloud

Deselect the box next to Notes then reselect it.

On your iPhont, tap Settings > iCloud

Switch Notes of then back on.

Give iCloud a few minutes to re syne the Notes data.

BTW, the Notes icon you see in the Dock is just an alias. The Notes app is located in the Applications folder. The Dock provides a fast way to launch your favorite apps, that's all. Notes data is not stored there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2013 1:53 PM in response to Laila

On your Mac open System Preferences > iCloud

Deselect the box next to Notes then reselect it.

On your iPhont, tap Settings > iCloud

Switch Notes of then back on.

Give iCloud a few minutes to re syne the Notes data.

BTW, the Notes icon you see in the Dock is just an alias. The Notes app is located in the Applications folder. The Dock provides a fast way to launch your favorite apps, that's all. Notes data is not stored there.

Aug 22, 2013 2:09 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for quick reply.

I did try your suggestion but it was not successful.

Then found out how to solve problem & get notes created on iphone to show up on computer.

"Only notes created after enabling notes syncing with iCoud are uploaded. Notes on your phone prior to enabling this are not. "

I went back on my phone and copied old Notes (that I wanted on my computer),

and pasted them into new Notes to put your following suggestion into action

And this worked and was an easy way to get old notes onto my computer withou having to re-type them all.

Gratsi!

Laila😍

Notes written on iPhone4 do not transfer to computer, Mac OSX 10.8.4 Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.